Cantata dynamically proves code with intelligent unit and integration testing, in the most cost effective manner. It provides a complete test development environment, built on Eclipse, and it integrates easily with developer desktop compilers and embedded target platforms.
Cantata Intelligent Software Testing - Quick Tour
Cantata has been independently certified by SGS-TÜV SAAR GmbH as usable in the development of safety related software, up to the highest safety integrity levels, for the following standards:
- IEC 61508
- ISO 26262
- EN 50128
- IEC 60880
Cantata has also been successfully qualified many times to DO-178B (levels A and B) avionics projects.
- Unit & integration testing for C/C++ on host and embedded target platforms
- Cantata’s Built-on-Eclipse IDE and Eclipse-Ready plug-ins provide a complete environment for the creation, execution, and analysis of tests in C/C++ language.
- Powerful built-in EDG C/C++ parser generates a detailed understanding of code for test script generation.
- Preferences for the appearance of all views, reports, installation details, test script generation, testability and coverage instrumentation can be saved in user-specific configurations.
- 300+ Static code metrics provide help with planning the most efficient tests.
- AutoTest legacy code creating complete path coverage unit regression tests for existing code base to safely modify it.
- Flexible test harness for black-box, white-box, parameterised tests, object oriented, automatic global data checking, and robustness tests.
- Unique Call Interface Control (both simulation and interception) makes it simple to test the application interfaces with the rest of the system.
- Integrated C/C++ and Java code coverage and test optimization pinpoints gaps and efficiently directs test efforts.
- Automated repeatable execution through Cantata Makefiles retains value of tests whenever code is built.
- Results and diagnostics are used for rapid error-identification and to support certification.
Host Operating Systems:
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 (32 & 64 bit)
- Linux 2.4, 2.6, & 3 Kernel (32 & 64 bit)
- Microsoft Visual C++ (6.0, 2003, 2005, 2008, 2010)
- GNU gcc/g++ (up to 4.7x)
Integrated Development Environments (IDEs):
- Cantata-supplied Eclipse 3.7
- IDEs compatible with Eclipse 3.5 to 4.2
- Other proprietary IDEs
- Can be deployed to almost any embedded target with built-in Target deployment capability