The Rational Rhapsody TestConductor Add On provides code-based test generation and validation suite for real-time embedded applications.
By analyzing your design, the Rational Rhapsody TestConductor environment can help build the test context automatically, including the test architecture, which is a graphical Unified Modeling Language (UML) model of a code-based test harness, that is required for each class (basic or composite) that needs to be tested. Test cases that are described as code, are compiled and built along with the code that the Rational Rhapsody tool generates from the test architecture.
Similarly, test cases that are described as flowcharts are converted "on the fly to code" and built with the code that reflects the test architecture.
Test cases that are described as sequence diagrams are converted into code where the "inputs" to the system under test (SUT) are driven from the test case and so are the resulting messages that need to be observed.
The test cases can be executed in unison or combined. Rational Rhapsody TestConductor drives inputs, monitors design responses and provides the results of the test, including model coverage information for each test case.
The Rational Rhapsody TestConductor Add On helps your process with:
- Automated creation of test architecture
- Defining tests graphically, using flowcharts, sequence diagrams, statecharts
- Monitoring test results on embedded targets
- Instantiating parameterized sequence diagram test cases
- Driving your design based on test cases while monitoring all interactions
- Analyzing failure with color-coded sequence diagrams
- Testing external code using visualization and automation of model driven testing
- Reporting solution to help improve model coverage
- Traceability to requirements for test case coverage of requirements
- Manage test cases using IBM Rational Quality Manager integration